Acronis True Image Home 2012 hangs while trying to start it for the first time after installation
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
- Run Acronis True Image Home 2012 setup file and click Proceed on the last step of the setup;
- When the installation is complete, start Acronis True Image Home 2012;
- The program hangs and stops responding.
Every cause depends on the system and needs investigation.
- Run Acronis True Image Home 2012 Cleanup Utility (see Acronis True Image Home 2011, 2012 and True Image 2013 by Acronis: Cleanup Utility);
- Reinstall Acronis True Image Home 2012.
If the issue persists, please help us to resolve it. Perform the following steps:
- Download and install Windows Debugging Tools: Debugging Tools for Windows 32-bit Version
- Make sure you have administrator rights. Click Start, type cmd in the search box, and press Enter;
- Enter the following command:
For example: cd C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)
- Start Acronis True Image Home 2012;
- In the command-line window, type:
adplus -hang -pn trueimage.exe -o “Path_to_dumps”
For example: adplus -hang -pn trueimage.exe -o E:\adplus_dumps
- Click OK/Yes several times;
- Send the created dump file and Windows System Information file to Acronis Customer Central.
For information on how to create Windows System Information file see Windows System Information File.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Acronis Customer Central.