Acronis Snap Deploy 4 licensing scheme
This article applies to:
- Acronis Snap Deploy 4
Acronis Snap Deploy licensing is based on the number of deployed and/or managed computers. License types are different in terms of the operating system to deploy and in terms of number of allowed deployments.
In terms of the operating system you can deploy, you can have a workstation or server license:
- A server license allows to deploy a server operating system
- A workstation license enables deploying of a workstation operating system. A workstation license is also used if Acronis Snap Deploy 4 cannot identify the type of operating system.
In terms of number of allowed deployments, there are two types of licenses:
- A machine license allows an unlimited number of deployments to a selected machine. This license type is recommended if you regularly perform deployments to the same machine. E.g. to deploy and regularly redeploy 100 computers you need 100 machine licenses.
- A deployment license enables a single successful deployment to a machine. If a deployment under deployment license fails you can perform another deployment using the same license. This license type is recommended if you deploy the same machine once or infrequently. E.g. to make one deployment to 100 computers you need 100 deployment licenses; to make two deployments to 100 computers you need 200 deployment licenses.
Acronis Universal Deploy
Acronis Universal Deploy is an add-on to Acronis Snap Deploy 4 and has its own license keys and license agreement. Acronis Universal Deploy licenses need to be added to license server before deployment - if licenses are not found during deployment, Acronis Universal Deploy step will be skipped.
Acronis Universal Deploy licenses are counted in the same way as Acronis Snap Deploy 4 licenses and have the same types:
- Acronis Universal Deploy has licenses for workstation and server operating systems
- Acronis Universal Deploy can be licensed per-machine or per-deployment.
(!) If you have a machine that had an Acronis Snap Deploy machine license assigned decommissioned, please contact Acronis Customer Central - and provide a screenshot of Acronis License Server with the respective used license shown (along with the MAC address visible), as well as documentation from your IT department confirming the decommissioning of the system in question.
See also Acronis Snap Deploy 4.