Use another partition as a destination for Nonstop Backup
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- You try to create a Nonstop backup;
- You select a partition you want to protect in What to back up, and then select the same partition as a backup destination;
- You receive an error "Cannot back up the selected item to itself":
- You click More information and receive the error:
Error Code: 0x00640030
Error Message: Cannot backup the folder to itself. Please choose a different destination for your nonstop backups.
Selecting a source partition as a destination for a backup affects Nonstop Backup driver and leads to very high computer load. So, Acronis True Image Home 2011 prohibits user from selecting a partition he wants to protect using Acronis Nonstop Backup as a destination location.
Generally it is not recommended to back up a partition onto itself: if a partition is damaged, backups stored on it will probably be lost.
Select a different partition as a destination location for a Nonstop Backup.
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.