Make sure you have the latest Virtual Appliance hardware and that you have no more than two disks
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Virtual Edition
- You have upgraded the Acronis Agent for ESX(i) (Virtual Appliance) from Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 to Acronis Backup & Recovery 11;
See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 11: Upgrading Virtual Appliance via vCenter Fails.
- After the upgrade, the backup and recovery tasks fail with the following errors:
Internal error: Attempt to access emulated disk for non-initialized object
Failed to open raw hard disk data file
Awaiting task 'AttacScsiHardDisk' has failed. Reason: Invalid configuration for device '0'
There are several causes:
- The Virtual Appliance hardware should be the latest version;
- The Acronis Agent for ESX(i) supports no more than two disks in a virtual appliance;
- There should be one controller with the bus logic parallel type and one with the lsi logic parallel type.
(!) This issue has been fixed. The fix is available in Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Build 17437 or higher. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
To resolve the issue without installing the latest build, do the following:
- Upgrade the virtual appliance hardware to the latest (7th) version using the Upgrade Virtual Hardware command in the vSphere Client;
- If the virtual appliance has more than two disks, leave the first two disks and remove the rest from the Virtual Machine Properties dialog. Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 supports up to two disks in a virtual appliance;
- Change the second SCSI controller type to lsi logic parallel. There should be one controller with the bus logic parallel type and one with the lsi logic parallel type;
- Reboot the virtual appliance.
See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.