As a workaround, upgrade via ESX host
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Virtual Edition
- You have upgraded Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 to Acronis Backup & Recovery 11;
- You have vCenter integration enabled;
- You attempt to upgrade the Acronis Agent for ESX(i) (Virtual Appliace) via vCenter group in Acronis Management Server using vCenter credentials;
- The upgrade attempt fails with the following errors in the log:
The virtual machine needs to be powered on
Failed to update the virtual appliance from 'XX.XXX.XXX.XX'
Failed to update disks of the virtual appliance
Failed to upload the virtual appliance
This is a known issue.
It is impossible to upgrade the Acronis Agent for ESX(i) via vCenter authentication.
(!) This issue has been fixed. The fix is available in Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Build 17437 or higher. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
To resolve the issue without installing the latest build, as a workaround, upgrade the Acronis Agent for ESX(i) via ESX host using ESX credentials.
See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.