Ignore the message or make sure the backup task script file is not locked
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- You try to delete a backup box or remove it from the backup list;
- You receive the following error:
The specified file does not exist
There are two possible causes:
- The backup task script file has been accidentally deleted from your computer.
- The backup task script file is locked by some other software (e.g. antivirus), so Acronis True Image Home 2011 cannot delete it.
The backup task scripts have the *.tis file extension and are located at:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts
- Windows Vista, Windows 7: ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts
- Click the Ignore button. The backup box will be successfully deleted or removed from the list:
- If the backup box is not deleted after clicking Ignore button, probably the backup task script file is locked by some other software (e.g. antivirus):
- Make sure the script file is not locked by software: the file may be blocked by your antivirus software.
- Add the %AllUsersProfile%\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts folder exclusions in your antivirus settings. If this does not help, try temporarily disabling your antivirus software.
- Alternatively, you can restart your computer to force applications to release the backup box script file.
If the issue persists or you need assistance, please