Recreate the script file to solve this issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- You create a backup, and then you validate it or edit backup options in a backup box:
- Then you receive the following error message:
Error Message: Error while opening script file.
And one of the following error codes:
The most probable cause is that the backup task script (*.tis) has accidentally been deleted or moved from the default folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts
- Windows Vista, Windows 7: ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts
To solve this issue, recreate the script file:
- Restart Acronis True Image Home;
- Click the Go to main screen button:
- Right-click on the backup box, where you have received the error message, and click Recreate backup settings:
- In the opened dialog select Later:
This will automatically recreate the script file and fix the issue.
If the issue persists or you need assistance, please contact Acronis Customer Central.