Boot your physical machine from Acronis Bootable Media. Create a full backup and then restore it to a virtual machine
This article applies to:
- Acronis vmProtect 7
To do a physical to virtual migration (P2V), you will need to boot your physical machine from Acronis Bootable Media, create a full backup and then restore it to a virtual machine.
- Create Acronis Bootable Media:
- Boot the physical machine that you need to migrate to virtual from Acronis Bootable Media:
- Create a full backup of the physical machine:
- Run Acronis vmProtect 7 web console, connect to the Acronis Agent and run Recovery. See Acronis vmProtect 7: Web Console;
- Select the full backup that you have created at Step 1 and choose the target ESX(i) host where to restore the backup.