Run the installed Acronis Bootable Media Builder and create Acronis Bootable Media
This article applies to:
- Acronis vmProtect 7
You need Acronis Bootable Media Builder of Acronis vmProtect 7 to create Acronis Bootable Media and back up a physical machine as part of the physical to virtual migration (P2V).
For information on how to download and install Acronis Bootable Media Builder see:
- Acronis vmProtect 7: Downloading Acronis Media Builder
- Acronis vmProtect 7: Installation of Acronis Bootable Media Builder
- Run the Acronis Bootable Media Builder and click Next:
- Select Linux-like or Windows-like disk representation:
- Optionally, you can specify Linux kernel parameters:
You will not need to specify these in regular case. For details please see Linux Kernel Parameters.
- You can configure the network settings manually or leave the detection automatic:
- Select whether you want to burn the Acronis Bootable Media directly to a CD/DVD or create an ISO image:
- Review the summary and hit Proceed:
See also Acronis vmProtect 7: P2V Migration.