After you clone a backup task, rename it to avoid confusion on the software side
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
There is a known issue with the backup task cloning in Acronis True Image Home 2012. See Acronis True Image Home 2012: "Clone settings" Feature Malfunctions.
For the Clone settings feature to work correctly, you need to rename the cloned task before running it for the first time.
- Start the product, right-click on the task that you would like to clone and select Clone settings:
- The cloned task will appear at the top of the list (if the default Sort by -> Date updated is set).
- Right-click on the cloned task and select Edit settings:
- In the Backup name, put in a new name:
The cloned task should now work correctly.