List of supported environments. Free ESXi is not supported
This article applies to:
- Acronis vmProtect 7
(!) If you are using Acronis Backup & Recovery please see Acronis Backup: Free VMware ESXi Support.
Acronis vmProtect supports the following environments:
- VMware vSphere (Virtual Infrastructure);
- Server types: ESX and ESXi;
- Versions: 4.0*, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1**
- VMware vSphere Standard**
- VMware vSphere Advanced
- VMware vSphere Enterprise
- VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus
- VMware vSphere Essentials**
- VMware vSphere Essentials Plus**
(!) VMware vSphere Hypervisor (Free ESXi) is NOT supported.
**Hot-add of virtual drives is not supported due to vSphere license limitation (vStorage API limitation). Backup will be performed using network mode (NBD). You can get more information about the available virtual drive access modes here. Acronis vmProtect is using the fastest available mode for particular environment automatically.
(!) An attempt to install Acronis vmProtect 7 on free ESXi will fail with an error message similar to the following one:
Failed to create virtual machine 'AcronisAppliance' (SOAP 1.1 fault: "":ServerFaultCode[no subcode] "fault.RestrictedVersion.summary"
- Acronis vmProtect
- Acronis vmProtect 7: System Requirements
- Acronis vmProtect 7: Supported Operating Systems
- Backing up ESXi configuration on ESXi 5.1 is not supported.
(!) This limitation will be removed with the next free update of Acronis vmProtect 8.