NAS devices are automatically detected and offered as backup location
One of the priorities for the upcoming Acronis True Image releases is to stabilize and enhance backup to NAS user experience. If you use a NAS device as a storage for your data or create backups from your NAS, could you please let us know its model by providing this information in our short survey? Click here to start.
For 2016 version of the program please see the following articles:
Acronis True Image supports backing up to SMB shares on NAS devices. Such devices are automatically detected on the network and are offered as backup destinations in backup wizard:
Basically all NAS devices can be used as a backup location. However, the following NAS brands have been tested to work with Acronis True Image 2014 (True Image 2013 by Acronis and Acronis True Image Home 2012):
- LaCie Backup NAS
The following backup types support SMB shares on NAS as destination:
- Disk/partition backup
- File backup
- E-mail backup
- Nonstop Backup
Certain NAS devices can be detected by Acronis True Image only if Bonjour software is installed. You can download this third party software here: Bonjour Print Services for Windows. You will find more information about this software on this page.
- Select the necessary backup wizard;
- Click the down arrow next to Destination and select the share on your NAS device from the list:
(!) If you cannot find your NAS device via name, please use the IP address from your NAS device to access instead.
(!) To find a not listed device, click on 'Browse..' at the end of the list and type the UNC path settings (e.g. \\myNAS\myShare\).
- If your NAS device requires credentials to connect, press Enter credentials and specify user name and password for connection:
- Press Test connection. If the credentials are correct, you should see Connection established message:
- Specify other details of the backup and press Back up now: