Backing up to FTP server
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
The following backups support FTP server as destination:
- Disk and partition backup
- File backup
- E-mail backup
(!) Acronis Nonstop Backup cannot be saved on FTP.
- (!) An FTP server must allow passive mode file transfers. For data to be recovered directly from an FTP server, the backup must consist of files no greater than 2GB each.
- (!) The firewall settings of the source computer should have Ports 20 and 21 opened for the TPC and UDP protocols to function.
You can back up to FTP when running the product both from Windows or Acronis Bootable Media.
- Select Disk and partition backup, File backup or E-mail backup on Backup and recovery tab;
- Click the down arrow next to Destination and select Browse:
- Click New FTP connection:
- Enter the required information:
- Full path to the FTP server, for example: ftp://my.server.com
- User name
- Hit Test connection. You should see the Connection established message:
- Click Connect;
- You will see your FTP server in FTP Connections list and the contents of your FTP server:
Select a location for your backup and press OK. FTP server will be shown in Destination field:
See also Acronis True Image Home 2012