Update to the latest version or make sure the backup file is not locked
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- You attempt to delete a backup version from the Acronis True Image Home 2011 Explore dialog:
The backup, however, is not deleted.
- Or you try to create an incremental backup, but it fails;
- The log shows the following error message:
Failed to open data stream
Error code: 0x000B03E9
If you receive this error message when:
- Creating an incremental backup: the required backup is locked by another software (e.g. antivirus, Windows Explorer, etc.).
- Deleting a backup version: If your version of Acronis True Image Home 2011 is earlier than Update 2.1 (Build 6868), the issue has already been fixed in the latest build. If you have Acronis True Image Home 2011 Build 6868 installed on your computer, the required backup is locked by another software.
For information on how to view the build number please see Viewing Build Number in Acronis True Image Home.
To solve this issue:
- If your version of Acronis True Image Home 2011 is earlier than Build 6868:
- Update Acronis True Image Home 2011 and try to delete a backup version again. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
- If Build 6868 is installed:
- Make sure the archive is not locked by another software: the file is opened in Windows Explorer or blocked by your antivirus software.
- You can add tib files and/or your backup locations to exclusions in your antivirus settings.
- Also, you can restart your computer to force applications to release the backup file.
If the issue persists or you need assistance, please contact Acronis Customer Central.