Restart the program or create the temporary folder manually
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- You click Check for updates in Help menu or Acronis True Image Home 2011 offers to download and install an update automatically on program start (if Automatic Update notification is enabled):
- If a new version of Acronis True Image Home 2011 is available, you click Download and install button in Acronis Update window:
- You receive an error message similar to the following one:
An error has occurred during downloading
and one of the following error codes:
%TMP%\AcronisUpdates folder is unavailable in a current user’s temporary directory.
Folder %TMP%\AcronisUpdates is used for storing Acronis True Image 2011 installation files downloaded via automatic check for updates. This folder is being created at program start.
The folder may be unavailable for the following reasons:
- Temporary directory %TMP% was cleaned up while the product was running;
- A current user does not have write/modify permissions for a temporary directory.
- Restart Acronis True Image Home 2011 and try to download and install updates again.
- Make sure that you have necessary permissions for %TMP%\AcronisUpdates directory:
- Go to Start -> Run, type %TMP% and press Enter;
- In the folder that opens find AcronisUpdates folder;
- Right-click on AcronisUpdates folder and select Properties;
- In Properties window, go to Security tab and make sure that current user has Read and Write permissions for this directory;
- If you receive an error message when trying to open %TMP% folder via Start -> Run -> %TMP%, it means that this environment variable is not set. You need to set it up in before automatic updates can be downloaded from the website.
As a workaround, you can also download the latest build manually from Acronis Website: see Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software.
Contact Acronis Customer Central if you have any questions or need assistance.