Make sure that the destination media is present
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
Sample scenario 1
- You create a backup on a USB flash drive or on an external drive. After backup operation completes, you unplug the storage device from your system.
- You edit the backup operation without modifying the Destination field, and click Save;
Sample scenario 2
- You edit a backup task and specify a mapped drive as destination, and click Save to apply changes;
As the result of Scenario 1 and Scenario 2 Acronis True Image Home 2011 asks you to confirm changes and you click Yes. The product errors out with error code 0x00040007+0x0000FFF0+0x8007000F or 0x0064000E+0x00040007+0x0000FFF0+0x8007000F and error message similar to the following one:
Error occurred while opening the file
The two possible causes are:
- The destination specified in backup options is not available;
- The product cannot access network destination set as mapped drive.
In Acronis True Image Home 2011 it is impossible to save changes to a modified task if backup destination is not available. To save the changes to a task please modify Destination field to point to an available location.
If you edit a backup task and set a mapped drive as a destination, specify the full UNC path to the destination network location (e.g. \\server\share\backups) instead of selecting the destination as a mapped drive.
Contact Acronis Customer Central if you have any questions or need assistance.