Launching Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Standalone or pressing "Manage this machine" button asks for credentials when connected to the machine via RDP. This is normal behavior
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- You connect via Remote Desktop (RDP) to a machine which has Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Standalone installed, or has both Acronis Management Console and Acronis Agent for Windows installed (for Advanced Edition);
- You launch Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Standalone or you click on Manage this machine button in the Acronis Management Console (for Advanced Edition). A prompt for credentials appears:
User name or password is incorrect or the password has not been confirmed
This prompt was added to overcome the limitations of RDP protocol described in Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: "Manage this machine" Is Grayed Out when Connected to the Acronis Management Console Machine via RDP.
There are two possible solutions:
- When prompt for credentials appears, enter credentials for an account that has Administrator privileges on the machine that you want to manage:
- As a workaround, you can launch RDP with /admin option. In this case prompt for credentials will not appear on pressing Manage This Machine:
- Start -> Run -> mstsc /admin
Feel free to contact Acronis Customer Central if you have further questions or need assistance.