When you boot a Hyper-V virtual machine from Acronis Bootable Media, do not move the mouse in the boot menu and use keyboard to select the necessary component to load
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- You have a Hyper-V virtual machine (guest);
- You boot the virtual machine from Acronis Bootable Media;
- When presented with the selection menu to boot in the Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 environment, neither mouse nor keyboard works.
This is a known issue with Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 bootable media and Hyper-V.
Acronis Bootable Media boots into full environment in three stages:
- Acronis Loader boots;
- Acronis Loader unpacks the Acronis Linux kernel;
- Acronis Linux loads, which is the full bootable environment with Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.
The Acronis Loader boot stage is where the issue occurs with the mouse and keyboard not working.
This is an issue with the product failing to initialize the mouse and as result dropping both mouse and keyboard support in Acronis Loader.
To work around the issue, do not use (move) the mouse when booted into Acronis Loader. If you do use the mouse, the product will not detect it and will successfully initialize the keyboard.
Use the keyboard to select the boot menu item to boot into the Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 bootable environment - simply press up or down on the cursor keys to navigate through the boot menu.
Once booted into the full environment, both the keyboard and mouse will work.
See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.