Getting started on using tape device
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server SBS
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Virtual Edition
Type the text here.
Connecting tape device
- Connect the console to local Acronis Agent or to Acronis Management server and go to Tape management;
- Press Detect tape devices to start tape detection:
- You will see the tape devices that the product detected:
If your tape device is not a standalone drive, perform inventorying to detect and organize tapes.
- Go to Tape management and click Inventory:
- Select Full inventorying method:
If some of the tapes contain data that you do not need, check the option Move newly detected tapes from the "Unrecognized tapes" to the "Free tapes" pool.
As a result of inventorying, tapes are distributed to the following pools:
|Tape was used by...||Tape is read by...||Tape is sent to pool...|
|Agent||The same Agent||where the tape was before|
|another Agent||Imported tapes|
|Storage Node||Imported tapes|
|Storage Node||the same Storage Node||where the tape was before|
|another Storage Node||Imported tapes|
|third-party backup application||Agent or Storage Node||Unrecognized tapes|
Any additional information.