How to set up user permissions on centralized vaults
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Virtual Edition
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 introduces user permissions on vaults: on Centralized Managed Vaults user permissions can be set up to allow or restrict access to backup archives. You can set permissions using Windows users and security groups.
(!) User permissions cannot be set on vaults created in Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 or for vaults created in Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 with backward compatibility.
The following user types are supported:
|Acronis Centralized Admins||Vault administrators||Vault users|
|Create and manage Centralized Vaults||YES||NO||NO|
|Assign and manage vault administrators and vault users||YES||NO||NO|
|View and manage all archives in the vault||YES||YES||NO|
|View and manage their own archives||YES||YES||YES|
(!) A Vault user who is in Administrators group on a machine, can view and manage all archives created from that machine.
If a user can manage an archive, they can browse it, back up to it and recover from this archive. If a user does not have access to an archive, he/she cannot see this archive in vault in Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 interface.
(!) Permissions are stored in vault metadata and are specific for each vault. If vault is reattached, permissions are preserved.
To specify permissions for a centralized managed vault:
- On the Create vault or Edit managed vault screen, go to User accounts section.
- By default, Vault administrators group includes Administrators group of the Storage Node and Vault users group includes Everyone. To add or remove users and groups, press Vault administrators or Vault users accordingly:
- In Vault administrators/Vault users window type the name of the user or group that you want to add:
- After adding all the necessary groups, press OK.
See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.