How to export and import local and centralized backup tasks
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
In Acronis Backup & Recovery you can export and import created backup plans. This can be used to copy existing backup plan to a different machine or to save backup plan before product reinstallation, so there is no need to set up backup plans again after reinstallation.
Both local and centralized backup tasks can be imported and exported.
(!) A centralized backup task exported from Acronis Management Server can only be imported to another Acronis Management Server. It cannot be imported into local Acronis Agent.
Backup plans can be imported and exported manually. It is also possible to import backup tasks by placing them in the dedicated folder in the machine for automated import.
To export a backup plan to file:
- Go to Backup plans and tasks page, select the necessary backup plan and press Export :
- Select a location for export and press OK;
- Go to Backup plans and tasks page and press Import:
- Select the .xml file with the backup plan that you want to import and press OK:
- Backup plan/task is added to the list and will run according to schedule:
(!) You may need to check that the schedule of the imported plan does not interfere with other task's schedules.
See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5.