What is staging and how to use it
This article applies to:
- All Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Versions
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 allows you to move outdated backups to a new location for better storage organization.
You can select up to 4 additional locations where backups will be moved upon certain event.
The following locations can be used as destinations at various stages:
|Local Fixed or Removable Drive
||Local Fixed or Removable Drive
|Acronis Secure Zone
||Managed Vault (vault on tapes can only be the last destination)
|Managed Vault (except vaults on tapes)
(!) When creating a centralized backup plan for several machines, the first location can be individual for each machine, all consequent locations are the same for all machines.
Retention rules with option for moving backups are available in Simple and Custom backup scheme. You can specify a separate set of rules for each location where backups are stored.
Restrictions for moving backups:
- This option is not available when using simplified file naming: see Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Simplified Archive Naming
- Moving backups to and from CD/DVD/BD is not supported;
- Moving backups from tape is not supported: tape can only be the final location;
- The same folder cannot be used twice in the same backup plan;
- Retention rules are effective if the archive contains more than one backup. The last backup in the archive will not be moved even if a retention rule violation is detected.
See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.