How to install Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 locally with default settings
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server SBS
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 allows two types of installation via user interface: you can select the function(s) that you want this machine to perform and the product will automatically offer to install the necessary components for these function(s) or you can select all components manually for a custom installation.
For instructions on installing by selecting the components manually, see Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced: Custom Installation.
- Run the installation file and press Install Acronis Backup & Recovery 11:
- If you accept the License Agreement, check I accept the terms of this agreement box and click Next;
- On the next step you are offered to choose between pre-configured installation scenarios and custom installations. Select the function(s) that you want this machine to perform:
- Back up this machine's data;
- Centrally monitor and configure the backing up of physical and virtual machines;
- Store the backups of other machines;
- Connect to remote machines;
- If you selected Back up this machine's data, you will be asked to provide license keys for the installation.
- Select Take license keys from license server if you have an existing Acronis License Server or select I will enter the keys manually if Acronis License Server is not installed yet:
- Select whether you want to register managed components on Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Management Server:
If you select to register component during installation, specify credentials for connecting to Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Management Server.
You can always register agents and/or storage node manually after installation.
- Select whether you would like to be a part of Acronis Customer Experience Program (ACEP) and click Next;
- Review the installation summary and click Install to start the installation:
|Existing Acronis License Server||Acronis License Server not installed yet|
Select Take license keys from license server;
Select I will enter the keys manually:
Specify an existing license server by name or by IP address:
Specify license keys by pasting them in the available field or browse for the text file containing the keys. When License Server is installed, license keys will be automatically added to it: