Fixed in build 17438.
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 (all Windows editions)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 (all Windows editions)
- You had an older build of Acronis Backup & Recovery;
- You attempt to install a newer build of Acronis Backup & Recovery;
- The installation fails on Acronis Backup & Recovery Management Server, Acronis Backup & Recovery Agent for Windows, or Acronis Backup & Recovery Storage Node;
- In the installation log there is a message similar to the following one:
1: MSIGEN:Failed to adjust certificates folder security.
(!) For information on how to view the log see Creating an MS Installer Log of Acronis Software).
Credentials for the respective service are specified in User@Domain format, which causes the flaw in the product update installation algorithm and its failure to set permissions on configuration folders.
Issue was fixed in build 17438. Update to the latest build.
Change the respective service credentials to Domain\User format:
- Go to Start -> Run -> services.msc;
- Right-click on Acronis Management Server Service, Acronis Managed Machine Service, or Acronis Storage Node Service (depending on which components fails to get updated) and select Properties;
- On Log On tab, change the account name from User@Domain to Domain\User format, provide the password, and hit OK.
- Stop all Acronis services;
- Rename C:\ProgramData\Acronis\Certificates folder to C:\ProgramData\Acronis\Certificates_Old;
- Retry the update installation.
If the solution above does not help, please contact Acronis Support attaching the new installation log and referring to this article.