To fix the issue, remove the Bootable Rescue Media Builder configuration file and repair the installation
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- You update Acronis True Image Home 2011 to the latest build;
- After the product is successfully updated, you run Bootable Rescue Media Builder;
- The build of the product shown in Bootable Rescue Media Builder is still the old one (e.g., 5519):
This is a GUI issue in the update installation algorithm. The Bootable Rescue Media Builder actually creates the most up to date Acronis Bootable Media.
- Delete the following file:
- Windows 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\media_merged_full.config
- Windows 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\media_merged_full.config
- Run the installation file of Acronis True Image Home 2011 and then Acronis True Image Home 2011 Plus Pack (if applicable), which will repair the installation:
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.