Agentless backup is not supported for fault-tolerant virtual machines
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server Virtual Edition
Fault-tolerant VMware ESX virtual machines do not support virtual machine snapshots (see VMware Knowledge Base article 1016619).
Agentless backup of fault-tolerant virtual machines is not supported because Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for ESX/ESXi (Virtual Appliance) uses virtual machine snapshots to create agentless backup of virtual machines on ESX/ESXi server.
To work around this limitation and still have valid backups of such virtual machine, install Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for Windows/Linux directly inside of the fault-tolerant virtual machine to perform backups via this agent as if it were a physical machine.
- Acronis Backup & Recovery: Agent and Agentless Backup of Virtual Machines
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Virtual Edition: Virtual Appliance Detects Virtual Machines by UUIDs
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Virtual Edition: Dynamic Disks Are Not Backed Up via Virtual Appliance
- Virtual Machine Hosts Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server Virtual Edition Supports