Run Acronis Managed Machine Service under Administrator instead of Local System account
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation
- You attempt to update Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 by installing a newer build over existing installation;
- Installation fails;
- In the installation log there is a message similar to the following one:
Failed to grant priviledge 'SeServiceLogonRight' to user 'SERV2008\LocalSystem' with error code '1780'
(!) For information on how to view the log see Creating an MS Installer Log of Acronis Software).
Acronis Managed Machine Service is running under Local System account. See Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Do Not Run Acronis Managed Machine Service under the Local System Account.
Change the account under which Acronis Managed Machine Service runs to Administrator account (domain administrator is recommended in domain environment):
- Hit Start-Run and type in services.msc
- Locate the Acronis Managed Machine Service, right-click on it and select Properties:
- Click the Log On tab, select This account and provide user name and password for an Administrator account:
- After you provide the correct account, restart the Acronis Managed Machine Service:
- Reattempt the installation.