Download the full installation file instead
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- You download an installation file of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced with the name similar to BackupRecoveryAdvanced.<build_number>_w_xx.exe and around 5 MB in size;
- You run the downloaded installation file;
- The installation errors out with the following message:
The operation timed out
This is a web installer file, not the full installation file. See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Types of Installation Files.
This message means that the web installer cannot connect to the Acronis server to check for updates and download the full installation file.
The possible causes are:
- Computer is not connected to the Internet;
- HTTP port 80 is blocked by firewall or other security software.
As a workaround, manually download the full installation file from the Acronis website:
- Register your serial numbers at the Acronis website: see Registering Acronis Products at the Website;
- Go to My Products & Downloads and download the full installation file for your product:
Contact Acronis Customer Central if you have any questions or need assistance.