Unmounts a file system in Acronis Linux
The umount command detaches the file system found on a device from the file tree after it was mounted with the mount (Acronis Linux Command).
The standard form of the umount command, is the following:
This tells the kernel to detach the file system from the dir directory.
- -a Unmount all file systems in /etc/mtab
- -n Do not erase /etc/mtab entries
- -r Try to remount devices as read-only if mount is busy
- -l Lazy umount (detach filesystem)
- -f Force umount (i.e., unreachable NFS server)
- -D Do not free loop device (if a loop device has been used)
$ umount /dev/hdc1
See also Acronis Linux Commands.