These errors can be safely ignored or you can eliminate them with a workaround
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011 with Plus Pack
(!) If you are using Acronis True Image Home 2010 with Plus Pack, see Acronis True Image Home 2010 Throws Errors in Application Event Log (Source: SideBySide, Event ID: 33) on Windows 7.
- You have Acronis True Image Home 2011 Plus Pack installed on Windows 7;
- You open Windows Event Viewer (Start-Run -> eventvwr.msc) and in Application Log see errors similar to the following one:
Event ID: 33
Activation context generation failed for ""C:\Program Files(x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE\Files\TrueImage.exe"". Dependent AssemblyMicrosoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture=""x86"",type=""win32"",version=""8.0.50727.762"" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis."
The error is caused by the WinPE plug-in of Acronis True Image Home 2011 using different manifests than Acronis True Image Home 2011 itself.
If you intend to use Acronis BartPE plug-in, you can safely ignore the messages.
If you are not going to use Acronis BartPE plug-in and would like to eliminate the messages, please do the following:
- Browse to the following folder:
- Windows 32 bit: C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome
- Windows 64 bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome
- Right-click on the BartPE folder and choose Send to -> Compressed folder:
- Delete the original BartPE folder.
This will not affect the product's functionality. You will only not be able to use Acronis BartPE plug-in, unless you unpack it back.
Feel free to contact Acronis Support if you have further questions.
For information about Acronis BartPE plug-in please see Working with Acronis True Image Plug-In for BartPE.