This has been fixed
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server Virtual Edition Build 12497, 12705 and 12708
- You install Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for ESX/ESXi (Virtual Appliance) on ESX server;
- You back up virtual machines with dynamic disks using Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for ESX/ESXi (Virtual Appliance);
- Backup completes without errors. However, dynamic disks are not backed up correctly:
- Backup archive size is abnormally small;
- If you mount or explore backup contents or if you try to restore the archive, the contents of dynamic volumes are empty.
Issue in the product.
This has been fixed. The fix is available in the latest build of the product. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
To resolve the issue without downloading the latest build, as a workaround, install the regular Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for Windows (i.e. not Virtual Appliance) inside the virtual machine with dynamic disks, and perform backups using this Acronis Agent for Windows.
Contact Acronis Customer Central if you have any questions or need assistance.