This is a known issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- You have a partition that has less than 5% of free space;
- You back up the partition;
- On an attempt to restore the partition, you see the following message:
There is not enough free space
The Recover now button is disabled.
This is a known issue.
There are two possible workarounds:
If you have a working source system where the image was created originally:
- Free the space to 6% or more on the source partition;
- Create a differential or incremental backup of the source partition;
- Restore this incremental or differential backup.
If the source system is not available:
- Mount the backup in read-write mode on any other live machine with Acronis True Image Home 2011 installed there (please refer to Acronis True Image Home 2011: Mounting Partition Backups to get step-by-step instructions on how images can be mounted);
- Free up the space in the mounted backup by deleting some files to 6% or more;
- Unmount the backup;
- Restore the backup to the machine;
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.