You can use Acronis Antimalware CD to boot from it and scan the system
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup and Security 2011
Acronis Antimalware CD is media from which you can boot your machine and scan the system for malware.
The CD will be downloaded as an ISO file, that you will need to burn to a CD/DVD. See Burning an ISO Image.
Please note that Acronis Customer Central provides support for Acronis Antimalware CD only if there is a valid subscription of Acronis Backup and Security 2011 registered at your account.
To boot from the CD and do the scan, do the following:
- Set up the BIOS of your computer to boot off the CD;
- Put the CD in the drive and reboot the computer;
- Wait until the Acronis Rescue CD screen appears. Select the option to start Acronis Rescue CD and then press Enter:
- Wait for the boot process to complete. This may take a while:
- As soon as the boot process has completed, the Acronis Internet Security signatures are updated automatically and a scan of all detected hard disk partitions is started:
See also Acronis Backup and Security 2011.