This is a known issue on Windows 7. Set the Firewall in the "Trusted (Allow All)" mode temporarily
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup and Security 2011
- You have Acronis Internet Security 2011 Firewall set in the Home/Office mode on a Windows 7 machine:
- Password-protected network shares cannot be accessed from the machine:
This is a known issue.
The Firewall blocks the credentials window on Windows 7.
As a workaround, do the following:
- Set the Firewall in the Trusted (Allow All) mode temporarily:
- Then you can access a network share;
- Enter your password and login on the credentials prompt:
- Then you can set the Firewall back to the Home/Office mode:
See also Acronis Backup and Security 2011.