To troubleshoot the issue, it is necessary to collect Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange logs, Windows Event Logs, Windows System Information and export the restored E-mails in .eml format
- Using Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange you have restored E-mails from a backup;
- The restored E-Mails are corrupted.
There is no definite cause. The issue requires investigation.
- Check if you restored the E-mails from the backup of Information Store or Mailbox;
- Check if restoring from a different backup also results in corrupted E-mails;
- Export the original and restored E-mails in .eml format. You can do this in your E-mail client by selecting an E-mail and clicking Save as...
(!) The E-mails should be saved in .eml format only. Please note that E-mails can not be saved in .eml format from Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007. However, saving the emails to .eml is possible via Microsoft Outlook Express.
- Collect logs as described in Collecting Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange Logs
- With all the information collected, contact Acronis Support and refer to this article.