Restore of a mailbox or folder errors out due to insufficient free space even though there is enough free space on the server hard disks
- Using Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange you are trying to restore a mailbox or folder;
- Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange errors out with a message similar to the following one:
Insufficient free space in the temporary folder (required space: xxxxxxxxx bytes)
Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange rolls out temporary files (transaction logs and other files) during the restore process in a specific temporary folder. This process may require considerable disk space.
Switch the temporary folder to a partition with enough space:
- Using Acronis Management Console connect to Acronis Agent;
- In the main program window select Tools -> Options;
- On the Options window select Default restoration options -> Additional settings;
- Provide a new path in the Temporary folder field.
See also Microsoft Exchange Server Backup Methods.