Windows Program Compatibility Assistant displays "This program might not have installed correctly". However, installation finishes successfully
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
- You install Acronis Backup & Recovery on Windows 7 x64 or Windows Server 2008 R2 x64;
- During the installation, Windows displays the following message:
This program might not have installed correctly
- The installation finishes successfully.
This is a known Microsoft issue with Windows 7 x64 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
Download and install a patch from Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 978637.
Feel free to contact Acronis Customer Central if you have further questions or need assistance.