How to manually update Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange Agent
This article applies to:
- Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange
It is recommended to manually uninstall Acronis Agent from the machine with Microsoft Exchange Server before installing the new build.
- On the machine that runs Microsoft Exchange Server and has Acronis Agent installed, please stop the following services:
- Acronis Remote Agent
- Acronis Recovery for MS Exchange CDP Agent
- Acronis Scheduler Service
(!) To stop a service, do the following:
- Click Start -> Run;
- Type services.msc in the command prompt and hit Enter;
- Right-click on the service and choose Stop in the pop-up menu.
- On the same machine, invoke Windows Task Manager (ALT-CTRL-DEL) and end the following processes:
- On the same machine, go to Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs to uninstall the following components:
- Acronis Recovery for MS Exchange Agent
- Acronis Recovery for MS Exchange Management Console (if there is one)
On the machine with Acronis Recovery for MS Exchange Management Console, uninstall it through Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.
- On the machine that runs Microsoft Exchange Server remove the following folder:
- Windows 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\DatabaseBackup\Fomatik
- Windows 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\DatabaseBackup\Fomatik
(!) If you have Acronis Recovery for MS SQL Server installed on the same machine, then the application should be removed prior to deleting the Fomatik folder. Both applications use the same client-server infrastructure. That will not affect the backup tasks that are already scheduled for the database. After removing the folder, you can reinstall Acronis Recovery for MS SQL Server.
- Download the latest build of Acronis Recovery for MS Exchange from http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/updates/
- Run the downloaded installation package. Right-click on each component and select Extract. Save the files to a folder;
- Double-click on the extracted files to install the application. Acronis Recovery for MS Exchange Agent should be installed on the machine that runs Microsoft Exchange Server.
None of the steps listed in this article requires a reboot.