Clean up your Windows Temp folder to eliminate the issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2009
- Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows
- Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server
- Acronis True Image Echo Workstation
- Using Acronis True Image you try to do a backup;
- Acronis True Image fails to back up the following error message:
Failed to read data from the disk.
A possible reason might be bad sectors on the disk.
- Program log (Tools -> Show log) shows the following entry:
Read error (0x70003)
Tag = 0x2CBDD167CBCA94F3
Failed to determine temporary file name. (0x10C453)
Tag = 0x14181C22EF45ADF0
The file exists (0xFFF0)
code = 80070050
Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8AF
There is not enough space in your Windows Temp folder. Acronis True Image needs this folder to save the temporary snapshot file when creating a backup.
- Clean up your Windows Temp folder:
- \Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Temp\ (or Start -> Run -> %TEMP%)
- Try running the backup again.
Contact Acronis Customer Central if you have any questions or need assistance.