Acronis True Image may fail to back up an NTFS-compressed partition
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 10.0 Home
- Acronis True Image 11 Home
- Acronis True Image Home 2009
- Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows
- Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation
- Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server
- Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows
- Acronis True Image Echo Workstation
- Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server
- You have a compressed NTFS (the Compress disk drive to save disk space option in partition's Properties is ticked off);
- You run Acronis True Image to back up the whole compressed partition or files/folders on it;
- Acronis True Image starts running the backup, but fails with an error message similar to the following one:
E00040001: Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\Files_to_backup\installation.msi'.
Error reading the file. (0x40001)
Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0A30
Snapshot read failed. (0x10C45A)
Tag = 0x14181C22EF45AD23
The parameter is incorrect (0xFFF0)
code = 60070057
Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8AF
This is an issue in Acronis True Image.
As a workaround, decompress the partition:
- Right-click on the partition in Windows;
- Select Properties;
- Uncheck Compress disk drive to save disk space;
- Click OK.
Contact Acronis Support if you have any questions.