Media add-ons containing BartPE and Safe Media can be downloaded from the Acronis website
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2009
- Acronis True Image Home 2010
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- Acronis True Image Home 2012 - see Acronis True Image Home 2012: Safe Version Media Not Available
Media add-ons contain the following files:
- BartPE plug-in for Acronis True Image Home
- Safe version of Acronis Bootable Media
Safe version is DOS-based version of Acronis Bootable Media and it does not include USB, PC Card, or SCSI drivers. It can be used in case standard Acronis Bootable Media does not work. See also Standalone Version of Acronis Software.
(!) If you purchased a boxed version of the product, free plug-ins are available on the installation CD.
(!) Safe version of Acronis Bootable Media is not available in Acronis True Image Home 2012.
Downloading Media Add-ons
- Log in to your account. If you do not have one, you will need to create it - see Registration at Acronis Website;
- Register your Acronis products - see Registering Acronis Products at the Website;
- Under My Products & Downloads find the product for which you want to download Media Add-ons and go to the Free Plugins tab:
- Press BartPE & SafeMedia to download the Media Add-ons installation file:
Installing Media Add-ons
- Launch the downloaded Media Add-ons installation file and select Install Media Add-ons:
- Welcome screen is displayed. Click Next:
- If you accept the license agreement, click I accept this agreement and then Next:
- Select Typical installation if you want to install both BartPE Plug-in and Safe Media on disk C:/ or select Custom if you want to select the components to install or change installation path. Click Next:
Typical and Complete - these options are identical.
- Check the details on final screen and click Proceed to start the installation:
You will need to reboot the system to complete the installation:
Using Media Add-Ons
For instructions on using BartPE plug-in for Acronis True Image Home see Working with Acronis True Image Plug-In for BartPE.
After installing Safe Media, you will be able to add Safe Version of Acronis True Image Home during bootable media creation:
For more information on creating Acronis Bootable Media see Acronis True Image Home 2011: Creating Acronis Bootable Media.
When you boot from Acronis Bootable Media with Safe version, you will see an additional option in the boot menu: Acronis True Image Home (Safe version).
Safe version of Acronis Bootable Media does not include USB, PC Card, or SCSI drivers. It can be used in case standard Acronis Bootable Media (Acronis True Image Home Full Version) does not work.
(!) Acronis True Image Home Safe Version does not support recovery from Nonstop Backup storages.