This has been fixed
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Linux (Standalone)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- You have a Linux distribution with weak-modules (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, SUSE Linux, etc.) installed on a guest virtual machine on Microsoft Hyper-V Server;
- You have Hyper-V Linux Integration Services installed on the machine;
- You install Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 on the machine;
- You reboot the machine;
- Kernel panic occurs and the machine does not boot.
Issue in the product installer.
This has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest build of the product. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
To work around the issue without installing the latest build, there are two possible ways to avoid this issue:
- Install Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 before installing Hyper-V Linux Integration Services;
- Rename weak-modules for before the of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 installation:
mv /sbin/weak-modules /sbin/weak-modules.saved
- Install Acronis Backup & Recovery 10;
- Rename weak-modules back to the original:
mv /sbin/weak-modules.saved /sbin/weak-modules
This has been fixed.