- Using Acronis Management Console, you connect to an Acronis Agent;
- You try to either schedule a backup task or manually back up the remote machine;
- On the Select Backup Type of Create Backup Wizard the option My Computer is grayed out. Neither the whole hard disk drive nor separate partitions can be backed up.
There can be several causes:
- User Account under which you are trying to back up does not have administrator rights
- Acronis Agent license key is not registered properly on the remote machine
- Acronis drivers are not properly installed on the remote machine.
After performing each step, please check if the issue is resolved:
- Check if Administrator account is used to connect Acronis Management Console to the Acronis Agent. Administrator account should be present in the Administrators and Backup Operators groups on the remote machine:
- Click Start -> Run;
- Type in compmgmt.msc;
- Select Local Users and Groups -> Groups;
- Check both the Administrators and Backup Operators groups.
- Reinstall Acronis Agent using a correct license key;
(!) Reinstalling Acronis Agent will require a reboot.