One can put the bootable data of Acronis Rescue Media only on a RIS server or a WDS server running in Legacy mode
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
- Acronis True Image Echo
- Acronis Snap Deploy 3
You are trying to put the bootable data of Acronis Bootable Media on WDS server instead of RIS server:
- On the Bootable Media Selection screen of the wizard you click RIS server;
- After providing the computer name and credentials for the WDS server, you hit Next and then Proceed;
- The program fails to create the bootable media with an error message similar to the following one:
E00040011: Failed to build the bootable media. Cannot load required components...
Bootable Media Builder of Acronis products supports only RIS servers and WDS servers that run in Legacy mode.
Switch the WDS server to Legacy mode.
To do this, on the machine where the WDS server is issue the following command in the command-prompt:
WDS server can run in three different modes:
- Legacy - only RIS images are used;
- Mixed Mode - WDS and RIS images are used;
- Native Mode - only WDS images are used.
Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 do not support WDS Legacy mode - you will need to create a WIM image with the Acronis plug-in and manually upload it to the server.
Read more about WDS at Microsoft TechNet: