It is recommended to completely uninstall the current build of Acronis Group Server before updating to the new one
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server
- Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation
- Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server
- Acronis True Image Echo Workstation
Before updating to the latest build of Acronis Group Server it is recommended to completely uninstall the current one.
- Uninstall the existing version of Acronis Group Server from Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs;
- Remove the entire Group Server folder located by default at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\GroupServer
- Invoke Windows Registry Editor by clicking Start -> Run and typing regedit. Remove the registry subkey GroupServer at:
Windows 32 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\TrueImageEcho\Fomatik\Plugins\GroupServer
Windows 64 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acronis\TrueImageEcho\Fomatik\Plugins\GroupServer
- Open the downloaded .exe file of Acronis True Image Echo. Right-click on the Group Server module and extract it. Install the extracted .msi file.
- Run Acronis True Image Management Console and Connect to a remote computer, where Acronis Group Server is installed;
- Click Add to add new computers to the list;
- Provide credentials. See Setting Credentials for Group Tasks in Acronis Group Server;
- Confirm that the connection to the added can be established Acronis Group Server: click on the Connect button in the Group Status window.
(!) Do not uncheck the Do not browse network for new computers option at Tools -> Options -> Network -> Status check interval