The problem is in incorrect SSL certificate generation for intercomponent connections of Acronis products. As workaround, try disabling SSL encryption
This article applies to the following Acronis components:
- Acronis True Image Echo Backup Server
- Acronis True Image Echo Group Server
- Acronis License Server
- Acronis True Image Echo Agent
- Acronis Recovery for MS SQL Server Agent
- Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange Agent
When trying to connect to any of the listed components using the Management Console of the respective products, an error message occurs reporting one or several of the following:
- Password is incorrect
- Username is incorrect
- Domain name is incorrect
- System cannot log in
- Invalid SSL certificate
- Computer is not found
Incorrect SSL certificate is generated for intercomponent connections of Acronis products.
Please do the following to fix the issue:
- Make sure that the user account under which you are trying to connect does not have a blank password. This is a restriction of Windows operating system that does not allow connections under user accounts that have blank passwords;
- Download the latest build of the product;
- Install the product and update all the components;
- Reboot the machine or restart the respective Windows service (see the More information section for details);
- Make sure the user, under which you are trying to connect, is a member of both Administrator and Backup operators groups on the machine, to which you are trying to connect:
- Hit Start -> Run and type in compmgmt.msc;
- Click on Local Users and Groups;
- Find the user account that you use to log in and double click on it;
- Click on the Member of tab, then on Add and type in Backup operators. Click OK;
- In the same window type in Administrator and click OK.
If the issue persists, then try disabling SSL encryption:
- Click Start -> Run and type in regedit to open Windows Registry Editor;
- Browse to:
Windows 32 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\Encryption\Server
Windows 64 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acronis\Encryption\Server
- Rename the Server subkey to Server1.
(!) Please remember that you need to either reboot the machine where the components have been updated or simply restart Windows service of the Acronis Agent.
To restart the service:
- Hit Start -> Run and type services.msc
- Restart the Acronis Remote Agent service.