Acronis Recovery for MS SQL Server is a comprehensive backup and recovery tool for databases and entire Microsoft SQL Server instances
This article describes the product that is out of support lifecycle. Current version of the product is Acronis Backup 12.5 and MS SQL Server backup is included in Server licenses.
Using Acronis Recovery for MS SQL Server you can back up both databases and entire Microsoft SQL Server instances, including tables, logs and other structural components.
Acronis Recovery for MS SQL Server has intuitive wizard-driven GUI that decreases backup strategy implementation time and makes the configuration process easy.
Here is the list of Acronis Recovery for MS SQL Server key features:
- Acronis Recovery for MS SQL Server Assistant - An intuitive GUI for easy creation and implementation of a backup strategy
- Point-in-Time recovery - Transaction Logs Backup combined with intuitive GUI allows databases to be restored to a selected point-in-time
- Automated recovery to point-of-failure - An easy one-step recovery to a point of failure or disaster with no loss of data
- Disaster Recovery Plan - Automatically creates and e-mails Disaster Recovery Plans with step-by-step instructions on recovering databases. The guided process makes it possible for staff to restore databases quickly, even without DBA skills.
- Importing a preexisting Microsoft SQL Server Maintenance Plan - Configure your backup strategy in seconds by importing a preexisting Microsoft SQL Server Maintenance Plan
- Rolling snapshot creation - Automatically created snapshots allow the database to be recovered in seconds by simply discarding changes (for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition only)
- Encryption - Protect backups with strong industry-standard encryption technology
- Compression - Create backups up to 10 times smaller than the original uncompressed format
- Bandwidth throttling - Control bandwidth usage to keep the backup process transparent to network users
- Notifications - Configure notification via email and SNMP
- Automated recovery staging - Every restore scenario can be executed in one step
- Hot Backup - Database is backed up online allowing 24/7 availability
- Restore to another Microsoft SQL Server version - Migrate database by simply restoring it to a newer Microsoft SQL Server installation
- Scheduling complete backup strategy - Schedule the complete backup strategy, including Full, Differential and backup of Transaction Logs in one action