Use Linux-based Acronis Bootable Media with Windows-like representation to solve the issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 (All Editions)
- You have a virtual machine in RHEV environment with Red Hat virtio network card drivers;
- You boot the machine from Acronis Bootable Media;
- When booted, no network operations are possible. IP address cannot be obtained from DHCP server.
If you specify the IP address manually, you can browse to a network share. A backup operation attempt, however, will fail.
Acronis Bootable Media with Windows-like disk representation or WinPE media is incompatible with the Red Hat virtio network card.
Virtio network card is used by default with Linux virtual machines in RHEV environment.
To solve the issue, create Acronis Bootable Media with Linux-like disk representation. For detailed instructions, see Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Linux-like and Windows-like Disk Representation in Acronis Bootable Media.
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Booting from Acronis PXE Server in KVM\RHEV Environment Fails
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Recovery of a Windows Machine with Active Restore in KVM Environment Fails
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Acronis Startup Recovery Manager Hangs in RHEV Environment
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Acronis Startup Recovery Manager Call on F11 Fails in KVM Environment