The driver does not work with customized Linux kernel, which is used in Acronis products. This is applies to all Promise FastTrak controllers that have Vendor ID 0x105a
This article applies to:
- all Promise FastTrak controllers that have Vendor ID 0x105a
If a Promise FastTrak controller is present in the system, there can be two issues:
- Acronis Bootable Media might hang at the Loading please wait... message
- Hard drives attached to this controller might not be recognized by Acronis Bootable Media based on 2.4 Linux kernel.
Linux kernel 2.6 works with the listed controllers only in RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 10. To identify the kernel version of your product, please see Standalone Version of Acronis Software.
(!) RAID 5 is not supported.
To be sure that the issue is caused by one of the Promise FastTrak controllers, please do the following:
- Get your Windows System Information File;
- Check there the Vendor ID under SCSI:
Vendor ID 0x105a
The Linux kernel used in Acronis products does not support this type of controllers.
As a workaround, please use BartPE:
- Creating BartPE Media with Acronis Universal Restore
- Working with Acronis True Image Plug-In for BartPE
- Creating BartPE Media with Acronis Disk Director
If you have further questions or need assistance, please contact Acronis Support with reference to this article.