When excluding folders in virtual appliance you need to use forward slash "/" and provide a closing slash at the end of the path
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
It is possible to exclude folders both in Entire virtual machine backup and in Volumes of a virtual machine backup.
To exclude folders from virtual machines backup, do the following:
- Connect to Agent for ESX/ESXi (Virtual Appliance);
- Click Advanced view and press Change in the Exclusions field:
- Check Exclude files matching the following criteria;
- Press Add to specify files or folders for exclusion;
- Use forward slash "/" in path;
- Close the path to the folder that you want to exclude with a forward slash.
E.g. to exclude a folder FolderA on disk C:\ specify the following criteria:
(!) If the specified folder does not exist on a given virtual machine, backup will continue without applying the exclusion to this machine. E.g. if you select to back up several virtual machines, and C:\FolderA exists only on one machine, this exclusion will be skipped on other machines. Backup operation will not be interrupted.